Sunday, September 15, 2013

When in NYC


I try to go to NYC once a month for a weekend to get away from home and it never disappoints me. 
When in NYC you dine and wine, plus shop. What could get any better?

We started with a show. I've been wanting to see Phantom of the Opera because I'm pretty sure I am the only person in NY who has not seen it. But... getting tickets 20 minutes before showtime slims your chances down to whatever is left over. Unless I was planning to sit in different sections then my date. 


Newsical the Musical it was! Imagine SNL on Broadway. The drama desk mocks celebrities, current events and politicians. Bonus! This year was a good year to cover. Between Kim & Kanye's baby North West, the Presidential Election, Gay Marriage and Marijuana use.. the show could have gone on forever. I cant wait until next year with more spoofs and new material. The show was hilarious.

Dinner was at Blue Water Grill in Union Square. 



I enjoyed everything about this place. I have never tried Oysters before so thats what I was in search of.  Good seafood, oysters and steak. This place had it all. 



The only thing I was disappointed about was that everything was so good that I would want to order the same exact thing next time. Don't you hate that?
If your in the area definitely give it a try. I will for sure be back soon. 
Here is the address and contact info. 


I can't forget my Outfit of the night.
#OOTN




Shameless Selfies. 
Dress: Bebe 
Shoes: Zara

xoxo
Mercedes B 




No comments:

Post a Comment