Thursday, September 26, 2013

Paris Fashion Week | BALMAIN, BALENCIAGA, LANVIN, NINA RICCI, CARVEN


Nine o'clock in Paris..

BALENCIAGA brings the action


This is Alexander Wang's second bang with Balenciaga. He started the show out with a circular more sporty look with the skirt and then we turned to another athletic look with shorts. The leather detail edged up these very feminine colors. I loved that I saw peplum on the runway, except his new take on the peplum was wrapped around draped pants. It was very spectacular. I love that the show ended with mini dresses that were easy going yet chic.  


CARVEN


Carven showed us a youthful collection. With neon colors and the camouflage this collection did not stand out. I felt it was a little dated and I thought it was a little boring. This is Paris Fashion Week! 


BALMAIN


The 80's and 90's have never left according to Balmain with large houndstooth, big gold buttons, quilting and oversize suits. ONLY designer Olivier Rousteing can pull those looks off. This is the chance to show off and it was amazing. The chained mid length skirt, the feathered pom pom looking skirt and gold chain mini was amazing and will definitely have a future on the red carpet. 


NINA RICCI 

 


Obviously my favorite pieces were white and pastels but this collection I think let out every woman's inner goddess. From the frills, lace, all white and the simplicity of the shoes.. it was just to die. 
The show gave a calming effect to women. Yes I can wear this, that's all I thought. It had a simplicity to it because any woman could wear it. It was pure elegance. 

LANVIN


Shine. Luxe. Metallics. Jewels. Shimmer can come off as cheap but this collection pulled it off. The runway read luxury. 

xoxo
Mercedes B



No comments:

Post a Comment